Welcome to the table! We inspire individuals and communities to change the world through food that is good, clean and fair for all. As the Slow Food movement grows, we stay true to these core values for all:
- Believe that delicious nutrition is a right for everyday life
- Cultivate joyful connections to community and place
- Advocate for diversity in ecosystems and societies
- Protect natural resources for future generations
- Help people and the environment depend on each other
- Promote food that is local, seasonal, and sustainably grown
- Build local cooperation and global collaboration while respecting all laws
- Require no prerequisite or credential for participation
- Fight for dignity of labor from field to fork
Slow Food USA is part of the global Slow Food movement creating dramatic change in more than 160 countries. In the US, there are more than 150 local chapters and 6,000 members. Join us to connect the pleasures of the table with a commitment to the communities, cultures, knowledge, and environment that make this pleasure possible.
What We Do
Slow Food USA gathers likely and unlikely allies to transform the way we produce, consume, and enjoy food.
From grassroots activists to policymakers, from farm to table, we are gathering a vast network for a common good. We gather both in online communities and in local, national, and international events.
- Find a local chapter
- Slow Food Nations in Denver, CO
- Terra Madre 2018, in Turin, Italy
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, email
Together around specific issues, we campaign to make cultural shifts for food that is good, clean, and fair for all. Join us!
- School Gardens: We educate and grow the next generation of food-aware individuals.
- Slow Meat: We work to improve animal welfare and reduce the impact of eating meat on the environment.
- Biodiversity: We promote sustainable agriculture, support small-scale food producers, and preserve traditional foods and knowledge, through our Ark of Taste and Presidia (groups of artisan producers).
We build momentum through strategic partnerships. Slow Food began as a grassroots movement of concerned individuals changing the world. As our movement matures, we are increasingly connecting the foodies and the activists and other local and “slowcal” heroes with each other and with food-forward influencers, consumer groups, and policymakers.