What You Can Do
Get news and updates via email by signing up in the blue box at right.
Join Slow Food and the global movement for good, clean and fair food. Sign up…
Find your local chapter. Find now…
Make a one-time donation in any amount. Learn more…
Go Slow in Your Life
1. Buy whole ingredients. Cook them. Eat them.
2. Avoid processed stuff with long ingredient lists. Eat real food.
3. Grow some of your own food. Start in your backyard, community garden or windowsill.
4. If you eat meat, choose grass-fed and if you eat poultry, choose free-range.
5. Whenever possible, know the story behind the food you buy.
Go Slow in Your Community
1. Cook and eat with others – not just family and friends. Bring new people and perspectives to the table.
2. Join a community garden and grow food with others.
3. Connect with your local Slow Food chapter for events and community projects.
4. Shake the hand that feeds you. Meet the people who grow your food. Shop at a farmers market, visit a farm or buy shares from a farm that offers a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program.
5. Learn about your local or regional food history and cultural dishes.