The Slow Food USA Blog
Posted on Tue, December 23, 2008 by Jerusha Klemperer
0 Comments | Categories: Biodiversity, Books, Farms and Farming, Uncategorized,
It’s a little late in the game for buying holiday gifts, but hey, you’re slowwwwww and slow’s a good thing, right?
If you left your shopping for the last minute, and are feeling a little bit nervous and a lot uninspired, we’re here to offer some delicious, nutritious, (not that ambitious) sustainable gifts for you. Most of them won’t arrive in time, but you can give your loved ones an IOU that promises good things to come.
- Slow Food USA membership: How about a membership for that friend who keeps meaning to join but never gets around to it? Or a donation to the organization?
- T-shirts: our friends at Just Food have three that are simply adorable—“Beet the System,” anyone?
- Renewing America’s Food Traditions: Know someone interested in saving and savoring the endangered foods of North America? Check out the book!
- Feed the Hungry: Donate money to your local Food Bank in somebody’s name
- Slow Food in the Heartland: Slow Food USA Board Member Kurt Friese has written a beautiful book that explores the culinary traditions of the Midwest
- Pleasures of Slow Food: Check out the Endangered Hog Foundation (in support of rebuilding Arie McFarlane’s farm and stock)
- Take back the tap! Bottled water is soooo 2008. Buy a SIGG bottle and take your tap water with you every day.
- Like it sweet? Try the unusual Guajillo Honey—newly boarded to Slow Food USA’s Ark of Taste.
- Like it spicy? How about the crazily spicy Chiltepin Pepper, also an SFUSA Ark food? It’s pictured above…
Happy and Healthy Holidays from your friends at Slow Food USA!